The Fourth River

by Teresa M. Bruce | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingelizardbreathwing of Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on 11/29/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
I purchased this from the author at a women's conference in Texas in August 2023.

20ish pages in…Cover art is pretty but an editor is essential. One star off for poor editing/lack of professional consultation .

40ish pages in…Disappointed at the unnecessary profanity. One star off for that, too.

Pg 59… taking quite awhile to get started

70ish pages in… Entire chapters could be severely culled or even taken out. Way too much unnecessary back story.

Pg 79….still waiting for some kind of action. Waaay too much nonessentials going on. Extremely bored.

Pg 80… I’ve decided to stop reading this book, as I’ve spent a week now trying to get into this. For less than 300 pages, I should have been done in a day or two.

This book claims to honor YHWH but so far there’s been several instances of crude profanity and at least one instance of sexual abuse made light of and ignored. At 80 pages in, with a story that is taking way too long to set up, I’m afraid I’m just not interested. Especially since this is looking so much like what the world offers in any average book in any average bookstore.

Definitely an interesting idea for a story, but I’d recommend the author thinks about the audience she’s marketing to and what might deter them from reading. I’d also highly recommend she invest in a good editor who does more than fix grammar mistakes. Someone professional could help take her talent and great ideas and turn them into a well-paced, easy-to-follow masterpiece.

I'm registering this to release on a trip to Arizona this week.

Journal Entry 2 by wingelizardbreathwing at Little Free Library #174139 in Prescott, Arizona USA on Friday, December 1, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (12/1/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library #174139 in Prescott, Arizona USA

I'm here in AZ chaperoning my daughter who is visiting her boyfriend. I took a day to hunt for Little Free Libraries and Prescott didn't disappoint!!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)