Darth Vader and Son

by Jeffrey Brown | Humor |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
I got this little hardcover (inscribed to previous owners circa 2014) at a local Savers thrift shop. (I've enjoyed other works by this author, including Cats Are Weird.)

This one contains cartoons themed on the "Star Wars" characters, in a family sit-com kind of way. There are lots of nods to scenes, quotes, and characters from the films. Examples that tickled me:

Vader tossing a baseball at little Luke, who slices it in half with his light-saber.

Father and son at the cantina, where all the aliens look on as Vader orders Luke to stop blowing bubbles in his beverage.

The line "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" being repurposed in a scene where little Luke's dressed up as a storm trooper for Halloween.

Little Luke interrupting Vader's Zoom - er, holographic - conference with the Emperor: "Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!..."

Vader using the Force to... tickle his giggling son.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ledge Rd in Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, December 10, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ledge Rd in Hudson, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library just ahead of the rain; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

** Released for the 2023 D for December challenge. **