The Raven Tower

by Ann Leckie | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/19/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, November 19, 2023
I got this softcover at local independent bookstore Balin Books, attracted by the handsome cover-art. It's a fantasy in which the god known as the Raven, who has watched over the kingdom of Iraden for centuries, seems to be losing his power. He's supposed to be given blood sacrifices to sustain his power, so what's going wrong?

There's a lot of world-building here, and lots of stealth, conspiracy, and slow-growing plans - oh, and betrayal - and somehow I wasn't drawn in enough to be concerned over the fate of the gods or the people. Perhaps not the right mood? Ah, well, there are so many books! If someone finds this one and writes a rave review, maybe I'll try it again someday.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the novel, with some interesting tidbits.]

Released 1 mo ago (2/27/2024 UTC) at rest area - Rte. 93 (see release notes for details) in Hooksett, New Hampshire USA

I left this book on a table in the seating area inside the welcome center (southbound side); hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

Released for: