Her Dark Lies

by J. T. Ellison | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 978-0-7783-88 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Aberpeter of Renton, Washington USA on 11/18/2023
Journal Entry 1 by Aberpeter from Renton, Washington USA on Saturday, November 18, 2023
from the back of the book:

Jutting from sparkling turquoise waters off the Italian coast, Isle Isola is an idyllic setting for a wedding. IN the majestic cliff-top villa own by the wealthy Compton family, up-and-coming artist Claire Hunter will marry handsome, charming Jack Compton, surrounded by close family, intimate friends... and a host of dark secrets.

From the moment Claire sets foot on the island, something seems amiss. Skeletal remains have just been found. there are other, newer disturbances, too. Menacing texts. A ruined wedding dress. And one troubling shadow hanging over Claire's otherwise blissful relationship - the strange mystery surrounding Jack's first wife.

Then a raging storm descends, the power goes out - and the real terror begins...

Journal Entry 2 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Saturday, November 25, 2023
Usually I really like psychological thrillers, but this one just didn't grab me the way they usually do. I think it was the characters. I didn't identify with any of them and they also didn't seem to mesh together very well. Jack and Claire are supposed to be getting married and I didn't feel a connection between them. For me, it was hard to get into the thriller aspect of the book when I didn't care too much for the characters.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/28/2024 UTC) at Renton, Washington USA