Adventure

by Book Week Scotland | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 9781916209343 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/12/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 12, 2023
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 12, 2023
Whether it’s finding your feet in a new place, falling back into cherished memories, or simply deciding to strike out on a new path, our adventures – and who we choose to share them with – are deeply connected to our story, giving us a better sense of the world and our place in it. From dressing up as Father Christmas in a foreign country, searching for treasure with a beloved grandparent, or simply taking a moment to appreciate the little adventures that make up our day-to-day lives, these stories demonstrate the joy and intoxication of adventure, paying tribute to the experiences that will never leave us and those still to be had.

This is a free book that was produced to celebrate Book Week Scotland 2023, with stories from the Scottish public. As usual, I have picked up a few of these during Book Week Scotland to pass on. This time it feels like there is a lot of poetry which I don’t really enjoy and stories written in the Scots dialect which seems harder to read than normal but the section called Into the Wild really spoke to me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/26/2023 UTC) at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Adding to the Random Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 30, 2023
I do like these books. Lots of variety and a quick read! Taken out of the Random Bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
This is a holding JE. I’ve got two copies and I’m reading the other copy. Will update this when I’ve finished.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (1/17/2024 UTC) at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Putting into the Mixed Fiction Bookbox

Journal Entry 7 by wingsilverhammerwing at Abergavenny, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Taken out of the mixed fiction bookbox. The short one, The Camping Pee made me smile, so I have to read it don't I?