The Haunting of Ashburn House

Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 11/5/2023
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, November 5, 2023
Book Description: Everyone knows about Ashburn House. They whisper its old owner went mad, and restless ghosts still walk the halls. They say it's the dwelling place of something cruel and sinister. But when Adrienne―desperate and in need of a place to stay―inherits the crumbling old mansion, she only sees it as a lifeline... until darkness falls.

Strange messages are etched into the walls. Furniture moves when she leaves the room. There's something here―something powerful, angry, and hell-bent on shaking things up. Worse, a grave hidden in the depths of the forest hints at a terrible, unforgivable secret. Eventually Adrienne can't ignore that a twisted thing lives in the house, its hungry eyes ever-watchful. Chasing the threads of a decades-old mystery, it isn't long before she realizes she's become prey to something deeply unnatural and intensely resentful.

She has no idea how to escape. She has no idea how to survive. Only one thing is Ashburn's dead are not at rest.

My Review: Really amazing creepy horror story. My first book by Darcy Coates will not be my last one. My friend Trina told me about this author.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (5/22/2024 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Loaned to my coworker to read. She plans to give it back because I want to read it again.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, May 28, 2024
Alayna read this over the Memorial weekend and gave it back to me. She said she liked it.

Back in my permanent collection since I might read it again.