The Cornish Cream Tea Bookshop

by Cressida McLaughlin | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPanzeranziwing of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 9/22/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingPanzeranziwing from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, September 22, 2023
# My weekly Ollie Spencer has started a new life in the idyllic Cornish seaside town of Port Karadow. Throwing herself into her job at the town's bookshop, A New Chapter, is one way to make friends. The shop is glitzing up for first Christmas and Ollie hopes her inspired ideas will give the shop the edge it needs to dazzle the town. But far from being the Sugar Plum fairy the place needs, Ollie is fast becoming its Christmas pudding. With the bookshop's success at stake, Ollie turns to twinkly-eyed cafe owner Max for help. Can he help Ollie to turn the page, and put the sparkle back into her Cornish dream?" (bokus.com)

The title contains three of my favourite things, Cornwall, cream tea and bookshop. A bit corny (see what I did there?) story and a cosy read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPanzeranziwing at Espresso House, Kungsgatan in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Friday, September 22, 2023

Released 10 mos ago (9/23/2023 UTC) at Espresso House, Kungsgatan in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Släpps på fika

Journal Entry 3 by lunacia at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, September 24, 2023
Picked this up at yesterday's Scandinavian bookcrossing meetup. Looks like the perfect cozy read for Christmas!

Journal Entry 4 by lunacia at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Friday, December 15, 2023
Sometimes all you need is the right book at the right time... 📖

I got The Cornish Cream Tea Bookshop, written by Cressida McLaughlin from panzeranzi when I was in Sweden in September. «This will probably be great for December!» I exclaimed. And I was right. 😁

November was such a dark month, and after reading so many dark and grim books (though really good), this was just what I needed! This is a cozy romance book set in Cornwall, mostly at Christmas time. ��

Our heroin, Ollie, has come to a good chunk of insurance money after an accident, and leaves her life in London (that's not as good as it used to be), and moves to Cornwall and starts in a new job in a bookshop there. There she meets the kind hearted man Max, whom she quickly grows a friendship with, and whom she starts to explore the towns legends with... 🕵️

This book might be just as predictable as I expected, but I honestly don't mind. It has just the amount of spice that I like, lots of bookish references, and a good dose of humour. It simply was the right book at the right time! 🤗

Journal Entry 5 by lunacia at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Friday, December 15, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (12/15/2023 UTC) at Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway

Handed over to a colleague who wanted to read it.