The Hours

by Michael Cunningham | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 3/1/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Friday, March 1, 2024
The Pulitzer Prize-winning novel becomes a motion picture starring Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, and Nicole Kidman, directed by Stephen Daldry from a screenplay by David Hare

The Hours tells the story of three women: Virginia Woolf, beginning to write Mrs. Dalloway as she recuperates in a London suburb with her husband in 1923; Clarissa Vaughan, beloved friend of an acclaimed poet dying from AIDS, who in modern-day New York is planning a party in his honor; and Laura Brown, in a 1949 Los Angeles suburb, who slowly begins to feel the constraints of a perfect family and home. By the end of the novel, these three stories intertwine in remarkable ways, and finally come together in an act of subtle and haunting grace.

The Hours is the winner of the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.

A neighbor is cleaning off their bookshelves and I am helping them give these books away through Bookcrossing.com. This is one of those books. If you like it, take it and write a journal entry at www.BookCrossing.com - its easy and anonymous. Then when you are done with it, find a nice person or place to release it. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this book and finding out where you got it from. This book is on an adventure we can share with it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Saturday, March 2, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/2/2024 UTC) at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left at the Adara Spa Book Nook @ 608 W Peace Street, Raleigh NC #BookCrossing #adaraspa https://goo.gl/1syyky