The Night Guest

by Fiona McFarlane | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBlue_Fairywing of Montréal, Québec Canada on 9/4/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingBlue_Fairywing from Montréal, Québec Canada on Monday, September 4, 2023
Ruth is widowed, her sons are grown, and she lives in an isolated beach house outside of town. Her routines are few and small. One day a stranger arrives at her door, looking as if she has been blown in from the sea. This woman—Frida—claims to be a care worker sent by the government. Ruth lets her in.

Now that Frida is in her house, is Ruth right to fear the tiger she hears on the prowl at night, far from its jungle habitat? Why do memories of childhood in Fiji press upon her with increasing urgency? How far can she trust this mysterious woman, Frida, who seems to carry with her, her own troubled past? And how far can Ruth trust herself?

Journal Entry 2 by wingBlue_Fairywing at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 4, 2023
Found in the little free library on Cobourg street. I might read it.

It is also reserved for the VBB writers of the world for Australia.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBlue_Fairywing at Montréal, Québec Canada on Friday, January 19, 2024
I'm reading it slowly. It's a quiet story that is growing into some kind of thriller. Is Ruth really loosing it or she's being manipulated? We will see...

Journal Entry 4 by wingBlue_Fairywing at Montréal, Québec Canada on Sunday, January 21, 2024
Finished today. It was what I thought all along. Very nicely written.

It's been choosen a little while ago from the VBB. I will send it by mail this week.

Journal Entry 5 by wingYdam21wing at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Thursday, February 15, 2024
The Night Guest has crossed the Atlantic to join my "Ecrivains du Monde" reading pile.
Thank you, Blue_Fairy, for this novel proposal and thank you for all the surprises accompanying the book !