Me Before You

by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dabercro of Clinton, Utah USA on 9/1/2023
Journal Entry 1 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, September 1, 2023
From the back of the book..."Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life --steady boyfriend, close family --who has barely been farther afield than her tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair-bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life--big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel--and he is not interested in exploring a new one.
Will is acerbic, moody, bossy--but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, Lou sets out to show him that life is still worth living."

Lou not only helps Will in his daily life, Will helps Lou to live her life. Be sure to have tissues handy.

Journal Entry 2 by dabercro at -- BookSpiral, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/7/2024 UTC) at -- BookSpiral, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

The first book in the "Me Before You Trilogy" bookspiral. Sent to Aberpeter in WA.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Sunday, February 11, 2024
the book is here! I will start reading it soon.

Journal Entry 4 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Monday, February 19, 2024
I've seen this quote which says something along the lines of "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime". For both Lou and Will, there is a reason.

I loved this story. I really didn't know what to expect as I hadn't heard much about this trilogy. I signed up for this book spiral because I am familiar with Dabercro's literary preferences and I figured I would enjoy a series she was recommending. I wasn't wrong. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/20/2024 UTC) at Renton, Washington USA

sending to minesayn, next reader in the book spiral

Journal Entry 6 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Arrived today (2/26/24). Will start reading as soon as reasonably possible and get it sent on.

I've heard so much about this book (and its sequels), but haven't read anything by the author. I've also read enough of dabercro's book suggestions in the past and have never been disappointed.

Looking forward to reading it. Thanks aberpeter for mailing it to me.

Journal Entry 7 by wingminesaynwing at San Ramon, California USA on Tuesday, April 9, 2024
So far, so good...sending on to the next reader to keep the ring moving, but borrowed a copy from the library to finish it up.

So far, Louisa's job with Will Traynor is difficult because he doesn't want her there, but things are looking up. Will Louisa's plan make a difference for Will? I'm reading on, and looking forward to the next one.

On its way via media mail. 9549 0158 0142 4099 0927 77

Journal Entry 8 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Thursday, April 11, 2024
Finished it, and it is on its way. So glad I read it even though like Louisa, it broke my heart. I hope she is fearless in the next book (and can't wait to read it).

Thanks, dabercro, for starting this spiral.

Journal Entry 9 by wingdjf1968wing at San Ramon, California USA on Sunday, April 14, 2024
The first in this trilogy is here... I'll get to it as quickly as I can. I've got two ahead of it in my queue.