Blotto, Twinks And The Great Road Race

by Simon Brett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmissmarkeywing of Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 8/15/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingmissmarkeywing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Here is a book for your enjoyment. When you have read it why not release it again for someone else to read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Released 6 mos ago (10/6/2023 UTC) at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking this book to the meetup at the Alllsop Arms, London.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Picked up at a London meetup because it looks like a light, fun read!

Journal Entry 4 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
I have given this 8/10 because it is cleverly written, however it wasn't really to my taste. This is likely to be because I am from a working class background and hence did not like the bigoted comments and attitudes of the characters. I guess if you treat this as satire, it is a little less offensive, however I found the blatant racism against non British people unpleasant.

I finished it because it covers France in the 666+/Reading around the world challenge. I did get into it eventually, however it was not an easy read for me.

Released 2 mos ago (2/11/2024 UTC) at Blackhorse Road Station Bookshelves 📚 in Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Released at the London Bookcrossing meet up and I believe was taken to the station bookshelf