The Anatomy of Dreams

by Chloe Benjamin | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 9781982105037 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/10/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 10, 2023
I found this book in this Little Free Library in Manchester NH while dropping off some books of my own. It's a novel about a man and woman who first meet as college students, and who get caught up in some increasingly-disturbing experiments on lucid dreaming led by one of their professors. The woman has the ability - or the curse - of being able to navigate the world effectively while asleep, muddying the waters between lucid dreaming and some kind of psychological split... The story unfolds asynchronously, and since the premise makes the meaning of "reality" a bit shaky, the whole thing felt too surreal and unstable for my taste.

Note: on the back flyleaf there are four notes from (apparently) previous readers, possibly who read the book in a group and shared their favorite quotes(?).

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Varnum Ave in Lowell, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 10, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library, Varnum Ave in Lowell, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library (adorned with a charming image of a little dragon on a hoard of books); hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

** Released for the 2023 What's In A Name challenge, for the embedded "Nat" in the title. **

** Released for the 2023 D for December challenge. **