Planned downtime coming up
Planned site outage for security related maintenance: June 25th, 5:00PM - 6PM ET (Eastern Time). Expected duration: just a few minutes.

The Lost Symbol

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingelizardbreathwing of Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on 7/9/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Sunday, July 9, 2023
I purchased this while I was in Oregon last month to reread, as I'd not read it since 2010. I got a ways into it but it just wasn't moving very quickly so I decided to abandon. Here's the JE from 2010:

Once again, Brown has written a very interesting and thought-provoking story. I think that this is my favorite out of the three I've read (the other two being D.C. and A&D). As usual, I didn't appreciate the plays on words that didn't really make historical sense nor the Biblical quotations taken WAY out of context and expounded upon with things that also didn't make historical sense. However, as the argument for DaVinci Code went, it's just fiction and should be taken as such--an invention of the imagination. This isn't usually a genre that I read but I really enjoy all of the information on historical places that Brown presents in his Langdon stories.

Released 11 mos ago (7/10/2023 UTC) at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing to the Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdjf1968wing at San Ramon, California USA on Friday, October 6, 2023
Another I didn't take from the box because I already have a copy. I'll read it eventually and record my thoughts there. I hope the next reader enjoys this one.

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, October 13, 2023
In the "Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox #2.5" when the box returned to me. I've read another copy of this book so I'm making this book available.

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (5/21/2024 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Added to the Almost Anything Goes bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Ollie1976 at Beaverton, Oregon USA on Friday, May 24, 2024
received in my Almost Anything Goes Bookbox

Journal Entry 7 by Ollie1976 at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 20, 2024

Released 3 days ago (6/21/2024 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

sent in my Almost Anything Goes Bookbox #2