Even Though I Knew the End

by C. L. Polk | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by emmejo of Cincinnatus, New York USA on 7/4/2023
Journal Entry 1 by emmejo from Cincinnatus, New York USA on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Helen is going to die. Soon. She sold her soul to a demon and the time she bought is nearly up. But a last-minute offer might give her a way out. All she has to do is catch an infamous serial killer. It might be the most dangerous job this magic-wielding PI ever took, but it is also her only possibility of surviving.

I picked this up at an indie bookstore, mostly because it had a glowing staff review and I find supernatural mysteries fun. This was an entertaining read, but it never really moved beyond the surface for me. It’s a little too slick and dramatic, genre-self-conscious rather than genre-savvy. I liked the magic system, and felt like it blended well into the setting. The family drama was a good way to add a little extra tension.

Journal Entry 2 by emmejo at Cincinnatus, New York USA on Saturday, July 8, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (7/7/2023 UTC) at Cincinnatus, New York USA

Sent to the winner of the lesbian sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 3 by wingRach260wing at Chisholm, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, July 27, 2023
What a beautiful dust jacket for a lovely hardcover edition. This sounds completely different to what I usually read but so interesting I think I’ll add it straight to my TBR pile next to the bed. Thank you emmejo.

Journal Entry 4 by wingRach260wing at East Maitland, New South Wales Australia on Friday, November 3, 2023
The beautiful cover art and interesting blurb drew me to this one. Not my usual genre at all but I found this an easy, entertaining read that built a supernatural world that I could invest in.

Journal Entry 5 by wingRach260wing at Mayfield, New South Wales Australia on Monday, November 6, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/6/2023 UTC) at Mayfield, New South Wales Australia

In the post to the winner of the supernatural sweep. Congratulations!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
"Even Though I Knew the End" arrived safely in Delphi today, along with a Fort Scratchley interesting postcard and a beautiful koala bookmark.
Not my usual genre either, but the book sounds cool anyway : )

Thank you very much Rach260 (and emmejo)!
On Mt TBR it goes!

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
I picked the book up yesterday afternoon and finished it today. It was a decent read to pass the time, even if not much to my style. The author managed to build an ambiance and there are some interesting threads, although most elements of the story are not that much original.
I found it an entertaining and easy read. Thanks once again for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Released in the very festive Piraeus city center, across the Demotic Theater!

Good Luck book and Don't forget to write your news from time to time!