The Salt Path

by Raynor Winn | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingarvoreswing of Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on 6/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingarvoreswing from Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Bought at a charity shop in Falkirk, Scotland

Journal Entry 2 by wingarvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Thursday, October 12, 2023
I read this book when people were making demonstrations on several portuguese cities. They were protesting against the speculation on house rental and real estate lobbies, something that is getting truly unbearable in Portugal. What a coincidence! Or maybe not.
We never know what can happen in our lives that can put us sleeping on the streets. But, when you get diagnosed with a terrible disease on the same week you are kicked out of your home, what are the odds that you can still put yourself together?
Well, this couple did it. And the way they've found to survive all this was to do The South West Coast Path by walk, with only a small tent to protect them from the elements.
I must say that this was a difficult read for me, because living on the streets and getting a terrible diagnose are two of my most terrible fears. I have lived one of them already. And was very close to the second. So, I cannot say that I enjoyed reading this book, but I surely admired this couple for their way to deal with such hardships.

It was sent last Friday (the 6th) to a reader who (I believe) likes challenges in Nature, especially if they imply some walking and trekking.
I hope they will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Received this today, many thanks! I even had to check if it's on my wishlist - it wasn't, but probably would have been had I known about it! :) Also the chocolates look yummy. Thank you!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, January 25, 2024
What a fantastic read this was! I was actually slowing down my reading as I didn't want it to end just yet. Such beautiful writing, such determination for Ray and Moth to keep moving on. Thank you Arvores for introducing me to this author!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSakirmowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, April 15, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Tampere Convention release

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 6 by wingsaarahoowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Picked the book from the book buffet after a friend highly recommended it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsaarahoowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, May 11, 2024
Thought provoking. How easily can the secure, comfortable middle class life be snatched away and a person shoved to the bottom of the social hierarchy. And how hard it is to climb up again.

Released 6 days ago (5/14/2024 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Helsinki / Jossain päin kaupunkia in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Vapautettu pks-miitissä Musiikkitalolla.

Journal Entry 9 by thy at Nurmijärvi, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 14, 2024
First I picked up the book because I liked the cover. The book was recommended too so here it is now waiting to be read.
Thanks for bringing the book and for the nice bookmark, saarahoo!