Step by Step

by Simon Reeve | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by kinedi of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 5/9/2023
Journal Entry 1 by kinedi from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 9, 2023
TV adventurer Simon Reeve's bestselling memoir he describes how he has journeyed across epic landscapes, dodged bullets on frontlines, walked through minefields and been detained for spying by the KGB. His travels have taken him across jungles, deserts, mountains and oceans, and to some of the most beautiful, dangerous and remote regions of the world.

In this revelatory account of his life Simon gives the full story behind some of his favourite expeditions, and traces his own inspiring personal journey back to leaving school without qualifications, teetering on a bridge, and then overcoming his challenges by climbing to a 'Lost Valley' and changing his life ... step by step.

Journal Entry 2 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
This book was a bit of an eye opener in terms of Simon's childhood and upbringing ( which I knew nothing about) and how he ended up working for the BBC. I mainly know him from his travel programmes on TV and as an intrepid traveller myself I always liked his programmes. His adventures in the '' Stans" ( Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan etc) were brilliant but most mesmerising and haunting were the African adventures he described. I love to travel too and we should never take our freedoms for granted.

Journal Entry 3 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, June 1, 2023
Reserved for sakirmo as on her wishlist, will pass over at the Falkirk Convention

Journal Entry 4 by wingSakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Thank you so much for this wishlist book!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, September 21, 2023
Really enjoyed reading this - even the stuff about the author's youth which I initially wasn't so interested in. I've actually never seen any of Reeve's travel programs but have read a few of his books, which have been very insightful and exciting. This was no exception, one of those books that I'm a bit sorry to have finished already!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSakirmowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, April 15, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Tampere Convention release

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 7 by wingkirjakkowing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Picked up from the book buffet. These look like journeys I could take from my sofa.