Never Let Me Go

by Kazuo Ishiguro | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Hotfrog of Queanbeyan, New South Wales Australia on 4/29/2023
Journal Entry 1 by Hotfrog from Queanbeyan, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Kathy, Tommy and Ruth are raised in an idyllic environment at Hailsham, a boarding school. Even as they deal with pangs of love, a teacher lets it slip that their fate has already been written.

Journal Entry 2 by winggoldenwattlewing at Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Picked up at our BC meet on this wet day in Civic today. (We were inside.) This book sounded interesting. Thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, March 5, 2024
I just don't buy this story. Children brought up in a school, children with hope, not initially knowing their reason for existence is to be donors. This, which is never really explained. How do they seen to survive the first donations? Are they donating organs? I would imagine so, and organ donations don't necessarily start out as survivable donations, such as one kidney, or part of a liver. It could be a heart. Or is this voodoo; some spirt or something? Might as well be for the little we are told. All very airy-fairy this story. More on dream world level, hazy. Unreal! Then mention of soul. Why? Just say they are human clones. As are identical twins. So, why would they be thought of as, basically not human; just parts? The normal instinct is to survive, but none try to run, to hide, to escape. Too little explained, and too unbelievable. Not only do these these humans die, but so does logic.
Being kind, I'll give this annoying, illogical story, five.
Added:
The plot aside, there is a lot of very boring, chitter chat, especially in the first part of the book, which should have been severely cut. Changed my mind about the five stars; making it four.

Released 3 wks ago (5/21/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library 86492 (OBCZ) in Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Released into the street library in Narrabundah, ACT.
Enjoy😀👍, and it's really appreciated if you can please log this book to let previous readers know it has found a new reader, and where it travels to next. Then we can all follow its journey. Thank you 🙂.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing