The Nine Tailors

by Dorothy L. Sayers | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2023
Happy Birthday x

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Thank you plum-crazy for this and your other gifts. I rarely see any Dorothy L Sayers books around so this is a treat.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 18, 2023
I'd put money on it that there are few murder mysteries which have as much bell-ringing content as The Nine Tailors. I never realised that bell-ringing was so complex to be honest.

It's probably not my favourite Sayers book so far, but is one of the better ones. I found it an intriguing and cosy read. Lord Whimsy's character often comes across quite differently depending on the novel, but in this one I liked him. He's down-to-earth and friendly with the villagers - if somewhat snobbish.

Bunter - as always - is the best character and the real hero in my opinion.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 26, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/26/2023 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at the Christmas meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Picked up at Old Gang meetup will try and get to it soon as I know Triggerfish is wanting it too.