The Lost and Found Girl

by Maisey Yates | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 133550320X Global Overview for this book
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 4/19/2023
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
I bought this book at a local charity shop because it's set in Oregon. I am participating in a 50 States US Reading Challenge and Oregon is one of the states for which I've had more trouble finding books. Having read the summary at home I'm a little nervous about how much I'll like this, because it sounds like it was shelved in the wrong section of the store and might be different from what I was expecting... But I guess we'll see!

Note: It seems like this is the first copy of this book registered here on BookCrossing, so that's cool at least! It's always fun to add something new to the database!

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Definitely shelved in the wrong section.

I ended up with two Oregon books-- this one, and one that seemed very murdery. Since murdery books aren't generally my thing, I picked this one... Which also turned out to be kinda murdery, lol. Probably not as much as the other one though.

I would classify this as general fiction, though there are a pair of mysteries that largely dominate it. There are also romantic storylines and some (what I felt to be unnecessary) sexual scenes. I found the writing could be somewhat repetitive but I thought the storylines and characters were quite interesting.

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at Lost + Found Cafe in Elora, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 14, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/14/2024 UTC) at Lost + Found Cafe in Elora, Ontario Canada

For a while now I have thought that the Lost + Found Cafe would be a good place to leave The Lost and Found Girl, but I haven't been in Elora lately. I was there briefly this evening so thought I should take advantage of the opportunity even though the cafe had closed for the evening! I left it on the little bar outside. The area was busier than I expected it to be so early in the year!

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!