Ryan's Christmas

by L. J. Ross | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1912310155 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingdaffodil-2wing of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 4/6/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingdaffodil-2wing from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, April 6, 2023
This book was taken from the Cameo bookshelf to make room for newly donated titles. It is a paperback edition.
From the cover:- "A DCI Ryan mystery (Number 15)

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (4/12/2023 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was sent to Nu-Knees via Royal Mail.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 14, 2023
Thank you very much indeed, daffodil-2, for the wonderful parcel of books that arrived this morning. I'm thrilled to receive all five them.

I've only recently discovered the DCI Ryan mysteries, set in and around Northumberland and the North East. I was immediately so taken with them that I'm trying to read all 20, preferably in order, more or less. By the time I finish she'll probably have published a 21st . . . I have a long way to go. This is a big help towards that goal, thank you :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 29, 2023
These are getting shorter! This is only 255 pages, with a print size suitable for an infant school reader! But it's a fun mystery, more light-hearted than many others in the series, as four of our regular heroes get stranded in a haunted castle in a snow storm with a dead body making an appearance at breakfast . . .

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Burton Leonard, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (6/6/2023 UTC) at Burton Leonard, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Heading from North to West Yorkshire in the hands of the Royal Mail.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Thank you so much for the lovely parcel of books Nu-knees. This will be perfect for releasing as part of the "Christmas in July" challenge I take part in every year (bet daffodil-2 knew I'd say that! ­čśë) but that might not be till next year as I want to read it first.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 30, 2023
A very quick read which felt a bit like a novella that had been stretched out to fill 255 pages (& helped to get to that number of pages by the large typeface!) I noticed in the author's comments that she wanted to do "a fun Christmas read", well it's certainly light, easy reading, though not sure about "fun". I found it a bit cheesy & clich├ęd - it certainly isn't original as the plot takes a lot from a very famous crime novel.

It passed the time okay but this is the third I've read in this series & I just don't see what others find appealing about it.

Released 11 mos ago (7/1/2023 UTC) at To A Non- Bookcrosser in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Passed to hubby who is following this series - it might be a while before he gets to it as he's only on book 3 or 4 & he likes to read them in order (unlike me!)

Released as part of the 2023 "CHRISTMAS IN JULY" Challenge (#6)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)