2024: A Graphic Novel

by Ted Rall | Graphic Novels | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/16/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, February 16, 2023
I got this ex-library hardcover from Better World Books. Published in 2001, it's a look forward at a year that's now much closer {wry grin}. (The year 2024 is a Year of the Dragon, so I'm saving it for the next Asian Zodiac release challenge.)

Later: This is an update of 1984 in graphic-novel form:

"It was a bright hot day in April, and the battered Texas Instruments watch on Winston's wrist, purchased in a moment of ironic consumerism at a flea market, was beeping thirteen."

It does have its humorous moments - the dreaded "channel 101, the worst thing in the world," is an endless sequence of boring stuff, from which the victim cannot escape, loathes, and yet continues to stay tuned... OK, maybe that isn't really very funny {wry grin}. Overall it's an unnervingly on-point glimpse at current technology, society, and politics - to the point that I found it quite disturbing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, February 23, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2024 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this book to the To the Stars: A Science Fiction Bookbox 3.0, which will be on its way to its next stop soon. Hope everyone enjoys the selection!

Released for: