It Ends with Us

by Colleen Hoover | Romance |
Registered by wingdjf1968wing of San Ramon, California USA on 12/3/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingdjf1968wing from San Ramon, California USA on Saturday, December 3, 2022
This title and its sequel pop up constantly on my Amazon recommendations, so when I saw it at the Little Free Library, I opted to pick it up and add it to my stack.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdjf1968wing at San Ramon, California USA on Wednesday, May 29, 2024
This has been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I picked it up as my selection for the May Book Girls’ Guide In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) backlist challenge. The front cover boldly proclaims ‘every person with a heartbeat should read this book.’ That’s quite an endorsement. This is the second book I’ve read this month that turned out to be far more than I expected. Again, the author takes a very sensitive subject and explores it as objectively as possible, giving the reader a lot to think about. I’ll be thinking about it for a while.

My favorite quotes:

“I love it when the sky makes me feel insignificant.”

“Two hours later, I'm convinced I've met my new best friend. And she really is a Pinterest whore.”

“I think about how sometimes, no matter how convinced you are that your life will turn out a certain way, all that certainty can be washed away with a simple change in tide.”

“There is no such thing as bad people. We're all just people who sometimes do bad things.”

“Just keep swimming.”

“I think that's one of the biggest signs a person has matured-knowing how to appreciate things that matter to others, even if they don't matter very much to you.”