Tides of Honour

by Genevieve Graham | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingMaranlinwing of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 11/13/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 13, 2022
In the summer of 1916, Private Daniel Baker marches into battle with the boys of Nova Scotia’s 25th Battalion. Out of brutal necessity, Danny has steeled himself against the horrors of war, but he is completely unprepared to meet the love of his life in war-torn France.

Audrey Poulin has the soul of an artist. She lives alone with her grandmother in the quiet French countryside, where she finds joy in her brush and palette. By chance, she encounters Danny and the handsome young soldier captures her heart and inspires her painting.

But when Danny is gravely wounded at the Battle of the Somme mere months later, the couple’s future is thrown into uncertainty. Soon, he and Audrey find themselves struggling to build a new life in Halifax, a city grieving its lost men. As the grey winter of 1917 sets in, Danny’s shellshock and Audrey’s feelings of isolation continue to grow, pulling the two apart just as a new catastrophe threatens their existence.

From the battlefields of France to the shores of Halifax, Tides of Honour is a moving novel about love and loyalty—and a testament to the power of second chances.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
This was such a good story, and I really didn't want it to end! I am so glad I discovered this (new to me) Canadian author.

Released 3 wks ago (6/25/2024 UTC) at LFL - Burlington Anglican Lutheran Church in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Released for the 2024 June Brides Challenge, the 2024 Allergic to A Challenge & the 2024 NJABBIC Challenge (week 26: 2nd quarter redo - week 25, vowel dominated author names).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.