Ryan's Christmas

by L. J. Ross | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingengelsmanwing of Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 6/15/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingengelsmanwing from Leiden, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The cover text reads:

Christmas can be murder . . .

After a busy year fighting crime, DCI Ryan and his team of murder detectives are enjoying a festive season of goodwill, mulled wine and in the case of DS Phillips, a stottie cake or two -- that is, until a freak snowstorm forces their car off the main road and into the remote heart of Northumberland. Their Christmas spirit is soon tested when they're forced to find shelter inside England's most haunted castle, where they're the uninvited guests at a "Candlelit Ghost Hunt". It's all fun and games -- until one of the guests is murdered. It seems no mortal hand could have committed the crime, so Ryan and Co. must face the spectres living inside the castle walls to uncover the truth, before another ghost joins their number . . .

Murder and mystery are peppered with romance and humour in this fast-paced crime whodunit set amidst the spectacular Northumbrian landscape.

I stumbled across this series of books by accident. I was intrigued by the first book Holy Island with murders on Lindisfarne, and then with Sycamore Gap, set on Hadrian's Wall. Obviously I'm hooked because Ryan's Christmas is the fifteenth in the series . . .

I grew up in the North East so apart from the serial killers these books are all very familiar and nostalgic and I'm waiting for Beamish or Gibside . . .