One Italian Summer

by Rebecca Serle | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1982166797 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingQueen72wing of Hobbs, New Mexico USA on 9/29/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingQueen72wing from Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Friday, September 29, 2023
When Katy Silver loses her mother to cancer, she is left lost because not only did she lose her mother, she lost her best friend. I know grief is hard, but I thought Katy was selfish and illogical. The way Katy treated her husband Eric was awful and she definitely depended on her mother more than her husband. The magical realism element didn't really work in this book for me. I did enjoy the Italian setting and that's probably the only aspect I liked.

I read this for PopSugar's 2022 reading challenge prompt: A book published in 2022.

Journal Entry 2 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Friday, September 29, 2023

Released 6 mos ago (9/30/2023 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

This book was added to the Duets Bookbox, Round 2.

Journal Entry 3 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Received in the DUETS Bookbox Round 2.

Journal Entry 4 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, February 16, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/16/2024 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released in the My Armchair Travels to Italy Bookbox.

Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 27, 2024
selected from the Armchair Travels to Italy bookbox