Tales from the Folly

by Ben Aaronovitch | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 14, 2021
A Rivers of London short story collection and it's great to meet up with the characters again, though I have to admit that at times I struggled with who some of the minor characters were! I prefered the longer ones as they gave me a bit more time to get into the mood.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 14, 2021
Travelling as part of Lamilla's Rivers of London spiral.

Poodlesister
Mecu
penelopewanders - check the address before sending
LysMibo
dutch-book
BaiLong
mcsar
jax987654321
catflap

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2021 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

On its way to Poodlesister, first in the ray.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 9, 2021
Thanks greenbadger. I think this is going to jump to the top of the queue of books to be read

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 16, 2021
A tantalising dip into the Rivers of London world. I just love the characters and the humour.

Released 2 yrs ago (9/17/2021 UTC) at -- By Post or by Hand--, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This will go to Mecu when I next visit the post office

Journal Entry 7 by wingMecuwing at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Monday, October 18, 2021
The book has arrived in Finland via Customs and Postal Service which both wanted me to do some paperwork before the book was delivered in my mailbox. I'll have to finish my current read until I can travel to the supernatural London. :)

Thanks for offering this book for sprial greenbadger and thanks for mailing it Poodlesister!

Journal Entry 8 by wingMecuwing at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, December 3, 2021
It was nice to know more about the characters and their stories. Although I have to admit that some side characters weren't clearly on my mind... Luckily the author was kind enough to include little introductions before each short story.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMecuwing at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 3, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (12/3/2021 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This book will travel now to France. Safe travels!

Journal Entry 10 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Saint-Loup-des Vignes, Centre France on Thursday, December 9, 2021
I was worried I’d read the last of these… but here’s a little early Christmas present - another Rivers of London book in my mailbox this morning! Thanks so much for sending (and with all the pretty stamps, as always).
I have a few other rings and rays here, so will try to get to this soon so I can send it on sooner rather than later.
Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy and peaceful holiday season.

Journal Entry 11 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Saint-Loup-des Vignes, Centre France on Sunday, December 26, 2021
The best part about this book is that Aaronovitch suggests there might be more Peter Grant stories to come.
I am usually not very keen on anthologies, but this worked fine for me, probably because each one was a spin off from the characters or the stories in the novels, so in general they didn't feel truncated.
I really enjoy Abigail in general and here too, and I appreciated the Sommer story. I did wonder if Aaronovitch wasn't ever so slightly having a snicker at all things Germanic.
One or two of the stories seemed to fizzle to an end or suddenly step out into the void, and I was confused as to what the actual conclusion was. Maybe the word count had been reached?
I am, yet again, so grateful to bookcrossing and lamilla for having enabled me to read and share this series (and as I have bought box sets to give to two other people I think it's ok for the author that we share the books). I have certainly recommended it broadly, and do indeed hope there will be a continuation to the series.
I hope to send it on soonish, but will probably let the Christmas postal hubbub settle down first.

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Friday, January 7, 2022

Released 2 yrs ago (1/7/2022 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

A little delay while verifying the address, but now this is on its way to Ireland, hopefully bringing welcome entertainment while a full recovery is attained.
Thanks so much for making this available, as always. All the very best - and if there are more by this author, please sign me up!

Journal Entry 13 by LysMibo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, January 21, 2022
The book had arrived safely at my doorstep. Thanks a mil! I have to say the book cover is soooo nice!

Journal Entry 14 by LysMibo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, February 4, 2022
I really enjoyed this format of short stories. It complements well the main story. I'll post it to the dutch-book next week. Thanks for sharing yet another nice book from this series!

Journal Entry 15 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen , Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Sunday, February 27, 2022
It has arrived last week! Thanks for sending! I will read it soon and send on with the rest.

Journal Entry 16 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen , Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, March 10, 2022
Enjoyed all these short stories. Sometimes you just want something quick and easy. This was it.

Journal Entry 17 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen , Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, March 10, 2022

Released 2 yrs ago (3/5/2022 UTC) at Heerenveen , Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Traveling to China.

Journal Entry 18 by BaiLong at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Thursday, June 2, 2022
Finally! The book is here! Shanghai has been hit with a 2 month very strict lock down due to Covid, and nothing was moving around (including mail). But I'm glad to see the books here now that the lock down is lifted!