The Horse Boy

by Rupert Isaacson | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 5/2/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, May 2, 2021
Bought in Sue Ryder charity shop, Walthamstow High Street

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (5/5/2021 UTC) at -- By Post or by Hand--, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to dolph1n

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 1st-3rd October 2021

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 10, 2021
Thank you. I might move this up mount toobie.

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
This is a moving and inspiring account of a family's journey to help their son. What a wonderful journey it was and what an amazing family.
I laughed and cried.

Journal Entry 5 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 29, 2021
I'm putting this into the non-fiction bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, August 23, 2021
Taken our of the Non fiction box. I admit it was the setting in Mongolia that interests me so we'll see what to make of it

Journal Entry 7 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Released 2 yrs ago (3/4/2022 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

Going to earthcaroleanne to restock her office bookshelf

Journal Entry 8 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 7, 2022
Arrived for my office bookswap shelf. Thank you.

Journal Entry 9 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 7, 2022
Isn’t it amazing how these huge animals can gently connect with people? This book certainly gives you an insight as to how autism affects the whole family. I’m not sure how much the shamanistic rituals helped although it does seem that way, and not every family could afford a trip like this, but what I do believe is that the journey took Rowan away from the 'Western overloaded world' to a world where there were limited stimuli.

I was mesmerised though, by both the frank and engaging style of the author and the marvellous, moving adventure that he had with his wife and son. I could feel both the frustration and the joy of having a child with autism. The insight into the lives of the family as well as that of the Mongolian people is breath taking and inspiring. A true tale of love, hope and a different kind of healing.

Journal Entry 10 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 4, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (9/5/2022 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Old Gang meetup.

Journal Entry 11 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, September 4, 2022

Taking to the Old Gang meetup.

Journal Entry 12 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 4, 2023
The Filmhouse very kindly allowed me in to rescue the books.

Have brought this home to use in my LFL and/or OBCZ - but if you want it back, let me know.

Released 3 mos ago (12/29/2023 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre ✔️ in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 14 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 23, 2024
Retrieved from obcz

Journal Entry 15 by wingCassandra2020wing at Little Free Library - Roslin in Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/24/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library - Roslin in Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom