Klara and the Sun

by Kazuo Ishiguro | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 057136490X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Mankyi of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 2/13/2024
Journal Entry 1 by Mankyi from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Picked up the book at Zurich Hardbrücke, from an open book wagon

Journal Entry 2 by Mankyi at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, April 4, 2024
Klara is an AI, specially created to be a child's friend. She gets picked by Josie, who is ill from being "lifted" ( genetically modified to do better at school). Klara is good at observing and studying human behavior - to support Josie, she needs to learn what love, friendship, loneliness, and sacrifice mean.
Klara also has a special relationship with the sun - she venerates it almost like a God, as the sun gives her power to exist ( solar batteries).
I loved this story very much, however, the ending was bittersweet.

Journal Entry 3 by Mankyi at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 5, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Journal Entry 4 by wingbesonwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Had this book recommended to me so I will bring it with me back home