The Little Paris Bookshop

by Nina George | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLaveggioCoffeewing of Binghamton, New York USA on 1/30/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing from Binghamton, New York USA on Saturday, January 30, 2021
Back Cover: Monsieur Perdu is a literary apothecary. From his floating bookstore in a barge on the Seine, he prescribes novels for the hardships of life. Using his intuitive feel for the exact book a reader needs, Perdu mends broken hearts and souls. The only person he can't seem to heal is himself; he's still haunted by heartbreak after his great love disappeared. She left him with only a letter that he has never opened.......
An international bestseller filled with warmth and adventure, The Little Paris Bookshop is a love letter to books, meant for anyone who believes in the power of stories to shape people's lives.

LOVED, LOVED this book. Reserving for an upcoming bookbox.

Released 3 yrs ago (3/22/2021 UTC) at Armchair travels to France Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

sent off in my Armchair Travels to France Bookbox.
Happy Travels

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 9, 2021
I've read this one, so I'm leaving it in the Armchair Travels bookbox for someone else to take, but wanted to add my comments:

It's a charming novel about a "literary apothecary," a man whose barge-mounted bookshop serves as his method of prescribing the right books to his customers - whether they agree with his choices or not. (I admit I'd be really annoyed if a bookseller refused to sell me the book I wanted and urged a different one on me instead - but some of Monsieur Perdu's descriptions of his chosen titles do sound tempting.) It was fun seeing books that I've read turn up in the novel, from Elegance of the Hedgehog to the Discworld books - and I was pleased to find that all the recommended books were grouped together in an appendix. There's a section of recipes, too, including the tantalizing-sounding "garlic flan"...

Journal Entry 4 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Received in the My Armchair Travels to France Bookbox.

For some reason, I couldn't get into this book.

Journal Entry 5 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, February 4, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/4/2024 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released in the My Armchair Travels to France Bookbox #2.

Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Friday, February 16, 2024
selected from the Armchair Travels to France bookbox.