Every Day

by David Levithan | Teens |
ISBN: 3125781981 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 3/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
A is an entity that does not have a body, but rather jumps from one body to another, experiencing life through others. One day, A occupies the body of Justin, and falls in love with his girlfriend, Rhiannon. A tries to reach and reconnect with Rhiannon, and makes her fall in love. But can Rhiannon give up her boyfriend, no matter how abusive he is? Can she fall in love with A, with all the faces and genders A may wear one day to the next?

It's a beautiful, poignant story. I love David Levithan's Boy Loves Boy, and this one similarly tells a tender love story of a young heart, of a love that is pure and bright. Some may find this a little light, explores a bit about genders, depression, obesity but all just briefly, in the backdrop of the romance. But it's still a beautiful story that captivates me. I feel for A: his pain, his longing, his sadness, as well as his wisdom. The ending seems abrupt, until I find out that there will be a sequel.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at By hand, A friend -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 23, 2020

Released 4 yrs ago (4/23/2020 UTC) at By hand, A friend -- Controlled Releases

A hands free gift to a friend, who wants to start reading again during the Coronavirus lock down. She likes romance but unfortunately my bookshelf sorely lacks this genre. Thankfully I still have this one from Tribefan.

Hopefully you like it as much as I did and consider joining BookCrossing!

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Via Mail in RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Released 3 yrs ago (2/9/2021 UTC) at Via Mail in RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending off to adrienne10. Hope you like it as much as I do. : )

Journal Entry 4 by adrienne10 at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Received in the mail a couple days ago, but I've been having troubles with the bookcrossing site.

Looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 5 by adrienne10 at Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, March 9, 2024
I finally read this. It's funny because I know this was recc'd to me in 2020 and then again in 2023 for a couple of reasons. And I'm kind of mad about those recommendations and reasons.

I think this book might be a book I would have liked if I'd read it as a teenager. But I have some major, major issues with it reading it now that I just can't get past. I know the people who recommended it to me recommended it out of love for the book. I do not want to yuck anybody's yum, but this book was just so very much not for me.

I'm trying to decide how to move it along - I'll check wishlists for an active bookcrosser or put it in a book sharing location.