The House on Mango Street

by Sandra Cisneros | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingperryfranwing of Elk Grove, California USA on 10/8/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Tuesday, October 8, 2019
My wife read this and really enjoyed it.

Acclaimed by critics, beloved by readers of all ages, taught everywhere from inner-city grade schools to universities across the country, and translated all over the world, The House on Mango Street is the remarkable story of Esperanza Cordero.

Told in a series of vignettes – sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes deeply joyous–it is the story of a young Latina girl growing up in Chicago, inventing for herself who and what she will become. Few other books in our time have touched so many readers.

Journal Entry 2 by wingperryfranwing at Wishlist RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (10/22/2019 UTC) at Wishlist RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Surprise wishlist tag to adrienne10. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by adrienne10 at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, October 31, 2019
Thank you for this surprise RABCK wishlist book! It arrived while I was out of town this week. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 4 by adrienne10 at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, March 22, 2024
I read this book about a year ago. I ended up checking the audiobook out of the library. Any time I have the opportunity to listen to an author read their own words for an audiobook, it is such a gift.

I wish I had the opportunity to read this back in the 1980s when it first came out. There's much I already understood represented in this book then.

I'll admit I'm not sure where I put the physical copy of this book, but I'll find it and find a new home for it.