The Spycatcher

by Matthew Dunn | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by caroline-m of Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on 1/1/2019
Journal Entry 1 by caroline-m from Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 1, 2019
From the back cover:

Its existence is no more than a rumour - a ghost force unbound by rules. Deniable, and devastatingly effective, M16's Spartan Section is the West's last line of defence. And super-spy Will Cochrane is their most prized asset - and deadliest weapon.

When intelligence reveals the trace of a terrorist mastermind, Cochrane is dispatched to hunt him down and prevent an attack that apparently has only one objective: Armageddon

Journal Entry 2 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 1, 2019
So I've come to realise that although I like a good thriller story, I'd much rather watch it than read it. When there's lots of bug explosions, breathtaking scenery and amazing stunts, I can overlook a few cliches and the odd hole in the plot but I find anything but top notch thriller writing to be hard to read. I did finish this as it wasn't too long and I wanted to know how it turned out but I've been put off of the thriller genre for a while after reading this, unfortunately!

Journal Entry 3 by caroline-m at Sidcup Station in Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (1/2/2019 UTC) at Sidcup Station in Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom

On the bookshelf in the ticket office