Thinking, Fast and Slow

by Daniel Kahneman | Nonfiction |
Registered by Zashiki-warashi of Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on 12/23/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Zashiki-warashi from Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 23, 2018
In the highly anticipated Thinking, Fast and Slow, Kahneman takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. Kahneman exposes the extraordinary capabilities—and also the faults and biases—of fast thinking, and reveals the pervasive influence of intuitive impressions on our thoughts and behavior. The impact of loss aversion and overconfidence on corporate strategies, the difficulties of predicting what will make us happy in the future, the challenges of properly framing risks at work and at home, the profound effect of cognitive biases on everything from playing the stock market to planning the next vacation—each of these can be understood only by knowing how the two systems work together to shape our judgments and decisions.

Released 5 yrs ago (12/23/2018 UTC) at Surrey Quays Little Free Library in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing! This book you found wasn't lost, but deliberately sent on a journey to the unknown, and is now yours to read, enjoy, keep, or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of the book. We would be delighted if you would make a journal entry to say you have found the book.

BookCrossing is free, confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to create an account, though, please consider using me, Zashiki-warashi, as your referring member.