Round Robin: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel

by Jennifer Chiaverini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mrsbridgewater of Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on 4/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 4, 2004
Round Robin reunites readers with the Elm Creek Quilters in this poignant and heartwarming follow-up to The Quilter's Apprentice.

The Elm Creek Quilters have begun a round robin, a quilt created by sewing concentric patchwork to a central block as it is passed around a circle of friends. Led by Sarah McClure, who came to Waterford, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Matt, a few years ago, the project is to be their gift to their beloved fellow quilter Sylvia Compson. But like the most delicate cross-stitch, their lives are held together by the most tenuous threads of happiness, and they can unravel.

As each woman confronts a personal crisis, a painful truth, or a life-changing choice, the quilt serves as a symbol of the complex and enduring bonds between mothers and daughters, sisters and friends. In weaving together the harmonious, disparate pieces of their crazy-quilt lives, the Elm Creek Quilters come to realize that friendship is one of the most precious gifts we can give each other, and that love can strengthen understanding, lead to new beginnings, and illuminate lives.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 4, 2004
Given to PAMELADALE.

Journal Entry 3 by PAMELADALE from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2004
My number one daughter gave it to me as she knew I loved the Quilter's apprentice. This is just as good and so easy to read. The format should make it feel contrived butit is a tribute to the writer that it doesn't. I've already read the next in the series and am saving the fourth for a train jopurney tomorrow. I'm passing this and the next one on to number two daughter.

Journal Entry 4 by PAMELADALE from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2004

Journal Entry 5 by mrsbridgewater at Telephone Box in Beech, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/18/2024 UTC) at Telephone Box in Beech, Hampshire United Kingdom

Leaving several books from this series