The Dogs of Rome (Alec Blume Novels)

by Conor Fitzgerald | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Winterbirth of Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on 9/25/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Winterbirth from Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Got for the ‘Town and Country’ Bookring.

Journal Entry 2 by Winterbirth at Bookring in Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Released 5 yrs ago (9/27/2018 UTC) at Bookring in Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom

Releasing as part of the ‘Town and Country’ Bookring.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 13, 2018
Received today when the ring came home.

Journal Entry 4 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 18, 2021
While I enjoyed this tale, I have to disagree with the advertising blurb for the book which says that this fills the gap left by Michael Dibdin. I had doubts before starting this book, where the main character is an American working for the Italian police. This seemed a most unlikely premis to me. However, as he'd been orphaned in Italy and more or less brought up by the police, this worked better than I thought it would. However, though I warmed to Blume eventually, I think Dibdin's Aurelio Zen was a more engaging character both in Dibdin's books and in the TV series where he is played brilliantly by Rufus Sewell.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 20, 2021
This is once more going in the town and country bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 15, 2021
Taken from the Town & Country Bookring, as my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to this :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, March 29, 2024
An ok read, it didn't fully engage me so I won't be reading anymore in this series.

Journal Entry 8 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (5/16/2024 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into the Crime/Mystery Bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, June 3, 2024
Taken from the Crime/Mystery BookBox.