‘Based on the Blurb’Wrap it up Bookbox

by Nataliec7 | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Nataliec7 of Barry, Wales United Kingdom on 7/11/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Nataliec7 from Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2017
This is a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 5 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and a REVIEW from the front or back of the book written or taped to the outside of the package.

For example, I am currently reading The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. On the front cover, it is described/reviewed as:

'Haunting, magical and full of surprises'

and on the back cover as

'Mesmerising and Suspenseful.... Unmissable'

When its your turn, you choose books based on the review and add your own wrapped books to the box with the review on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your review and book was. Some books have several reviews on it. Feel free to pick which ever you think describes the book best or is the most interesting.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape your chosen review of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 5 books in the box to allow other people to have a good selection to choose from. Fiction only please but any genre.

And lastly enjoy! Its nice not to judge a book by its cover!

Participants:
Dark-Draco
Riffraff71
Imeretoo
Back to me

Released 6 yrs ago (7/11/2017 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This is now on it way 2 days late (Oops). Hope you enjoy the selection of books to choose from!

Journal Entry 3 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, July 15, 2017
Box is with me. I'm quite excited to have a look through and try to guess what the book is about based on the review line 😃

Journal Entry 4 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, July 21, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (7/21/2017 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posted this yesterday to the next person

Journal Entry 5 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2017
Received today - so many good books to choose from, thanks for organising this Natalie!

Journal Entry 6 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, July 24, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (7/24/2017 UTC) at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom

Back off in the post today :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 27, 2017
The box is safely with me,it may take me a week or so to deal with this as I'm having dental surgery today and I'm also in the middle or an RA flare up, I will sort it out as soon as I can.

Edit 15/08/17

I'm so sorry I've just realized that I sent this to the next person on the list without doing a JE-Bad Bookcrosser!!!!
I took out two books but I can't remember what was written on the front of each, they are.
The Rain Before it Falls by Jonathan Coe
The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Green

Journal Entry 8 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Arrived yesterday! Many thanks Yorkshire-Lass! Can't wait to get into my choices!

Journal Entry 9 by JemmaJ at Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Contacted Silver-Greece and waiting for the address...

Box is is packed and ready to go...

Journal Entry 10 by JemmaJ at What The Reviewers Said Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 10, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (8/10/2017 UTC) at What The Reviewers Said Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Dropping off to my local Hermes Parcel Shop - it weighted a little bit of 2kg. It is worth it though!

Just got it from my neighbours. They left for holidays the day the parcel arrived and they forgot to leave it to me. I'll send it to the next person on the list asap

Released 6 yrs ago (9/8/2017 UTC) at -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom

I am posting the box to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 13 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2017
Box arrived today safely, it will be ready to move on soon! x

Journal Entry 14 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, September 15, 2017
Box is ready to go and I have Plum-Crazy's address, but as she's away until the 30th, I will postpone sending it on until a little later, just to make sure she gets it! :)

Journal Entry 15 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (10/4/2017 UTC) at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom

Onto the next participant!

Journal Entry 16 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2017
Box received safely, I have replaced the box which was looking a bit battered but its still under 2kg. Will send off to the next participant later in the week.

Released 6 yrs ago (10/28/2017 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to the next participant

Journal Entry 18 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 1, 2017
The box is with me & containing some really intriguing parcels - it might take me a couple of days to make a decision :o)

Journal Entry 19 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Flutterbies9 :o)

Journal Entry 20 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, November 10, 2017
Received today, been looking forward to this arriving.

Well, I don't believe this - I've opened and (re-stuck ) three of these books! Two I have read already and the third I had circulated myself in another bookbox. Very unusual but possibly shows how little I go by reviews when choosing a book to read. However, despite all that, I've chosen one from an author I've known about for a while but just never got around to reading.

Now for the balancing act of which books plus wrapping will make up the package to go through the post returning to the originator of this bookbox.

Journal Entry 21 by Nataliec7 at West Molesey, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, November 17, 2017
Well, a success all round for sure. The bookbox has made it home.
I will attempt to organise another round for any interested parties. Thanks everyone for participating! :)

1st Review: Plunges us into or worst nightmare- Somebody knows our darkest secret and they're sharing it. Turns out to be Disclaimer by Renee Knight which looks like my ideal read.

2nd Review: A marvel... a novel which deals with a huge subject with originality. This is Property by Valerie Martin. Another good one.

3rd Review: A rattling good yarn, the sort that chills the mind as well as the spine. This is The Woman in Black by Susan Hill.

The rest will remain wrapped for another round.

Journal Entry 22 by Nataliec7 at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, March 18, 2019
This Bookbox is now ready to travel again!

Welcome to Round 2 and thanks all for joining.

Participants in order:
Estaplador
Flutterbies9
Plum-crazy
Back to me

Released 5 yrs ago (3/18/2019 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to 3vie. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 24 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, March 25, 2019
I love this book box! Will make my choices/replacements and get it on its way again soon.

Journal Entry 25 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (3/26/2019 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

This box will be on its travels again in the morning!

Journal Entry 26 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, March 31, 2019
The box is safely with me, I will try to get it on its way again during this week :-)

Journal Entry 27 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Released 5 yrs ago (4/2/2019 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This will be on its way to caroline-m in the next few days :-)

Journal Entry 28 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 13, 2019
This arrived while I was on holiday last week - have made my selections, so it'll be back in the post early this week :)

Journal Entry 29 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 20, 2019
Arrived today I will send it on after Easter.

Journal Entry 30 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, April 28, 2019
It's arrived 😊 Looking forward to making my selections..

Released 4 yrs ago (5/9/2019 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Finally on its way..sorry I mixed up the address! Enjoy 😊

Journal Entry 32 by T_richardson_x at Ferndale, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, May 20, 2019
The box is with me and I've made my swaps. Once I have Estaplador's address, it will be on it's way!

Journal Entry 33 by T_richardson_x at Ferndale, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, June 20, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (6/21/2019 UTC) at Ferndale, Wales United Kingdom

The box is on it's way to the next participant!

Journal Entry 34 by elstaplador at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
The box has arrived with me - looking forward to making my choice!

Journal Entry 35 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Apologies, this arrived yesterday 16th July but I forgot to journal on arrival.

Having a look today to see if I can make a decision but as I have to go out in less than half an hour, it will not be until later / tomorrow even!, however I have remembered to journal its arrival.

Released 4 yrs ago (7/31/2019 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released on to the next recipient. Apologies for the delay - I thought this had gone to the post at the weekend but not so! My fault, but back on the move now.

Journal Entry 37 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (8/27/2019 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Ready to go home.....

(apologies for the delay...it apparently arrived about an hour after I'd set off on my hols!)

Journal Entry 38 by Nataliec7 at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, August 31, 2019
Thanks to all participants. I do love receiving this back home to see what comes back to me and love reading what you all chose.
There will be round 3 after my other bookbox.

I received
1) Enchanting. It hops with sprightly omniscience from past to future and back again - Behind the scenes at the museum by Kate Atkinson
2)Brave, acute, elated, naked, brutal , tender, humane and beautiful - Call me by your name by Andre Aciman
3)Evokes, with great beauty and precision, the landscape of a friendship - Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson
4) An extraordinary tale of friendship and the horrors of war... Raw literary talent at its best. The Boy in the striped pyjamas by John Boyne
5)? is superb! This novel will stay with you for a long time. And what a heroine. One Kick by Chelsea Cain.

The other books will remain wrapped for the next round.

Released 4 yrs ago (11/18/2019 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Now travelling.
Jules5
Russbaum
Mysteriousmummy
Back to me

Journal Entry 40 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, November 21, 2019
Arrived in Co. Durham - feels like Christmas has come early seeing all these beautifully wrapped up books and now the tough choice of which ones to pick !!

Journal Entry 41 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Friday, November 22, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (11/22/2019 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

The book box is moving on again - only about 30 miles up the road :o)
I have taken two out - both authors I haven't read before and out two back in so Happy Reading !

Journal Entry 42 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, November 25, 2019
Box is now with me. I’ll make my choices and get it moving again soon

Journal Entry 43 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (11/27/2019 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Will be posted to the next person in the morning 😃

Journal Entry 44 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 2, 2019
It's with me. I will try to make a decision quickly.

Journal Entry 45 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 8, 2019

Released 4 yrs ago (12/6/2019 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sent to tbe next person.

Journal Entry 46 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, December 13, 2019
Safely with me!
As I'm going away on Monday for four days this will be living with me over Christmas. I will get it moving again as soon as I can after Christmas, hope this is ok

Journal Entry 47 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 6, 2020
I have chosen three books and replaced with three more.

" The authors prose has the merits of simplicity, euphony and precision......This is art. I haven't read anything with such unalloyed pleasure for a long time" Was The Girl Who Married A Lion by Alexander McCall Smith.

"A modern master of rural noir" Was Scared to Live by Stephen Booth.

"A tale of triumph of hope over despair, of love over everything" Was The Salt Path by Raynor Winn.

I hope to be able to post this to Flutterbies9 within the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 48 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 6, 2020

Released 4 yrs ago (1/7/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On its way to Flutterbies9 :-)

Journal Entry 49 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, January 12, 2020
Arrived whilst I was at work 10/1/20. Will decide what to take this weekend and get it on its way when I have the next address.

Thanks for passing this on yorkshire-lass.

Taken :
"Addictive" Sunday Express; "Delightful" Sunday Times; "Proof that thrillers can increase the pulse while tackling more serious issues" The Guardian - which proved to be The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths. Somewhat further on in this series than I currently am so it may take me a while to get to this!

and

"A love of period and astute characterisation and plotting are the hallmarks of all ...'s books" The Guardian which turned out to be The Devil's Apprentice by Edward Marston. This I already have on tbr but rainbow3 (who is still here) wanted this so I did not return it but passed it on instead!

Awaiting details from next in line to send this on.

Journal Entry 50 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
It’s here! Looking forward to choosing something interesting 😊

Journal Entry 51 by mysteriousmummy at Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 6, 2020
Received safely will ponder and get off to the next person soon

I have chosen two;

Fantastic, as lip-smackingly seductive as a bowl of fat chips and pungent aioli - daily telegraph - Which turned out to be Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

and

Humour, optimism and sparkling dialogue propel the story forward to its unlikely but satisfying conclusion, Sunday times - turned out to be The Wrong Boy by Willy Russell

Will add a couple and get off soon.

Journal Entry 52 by Nataliec7 at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, February 13, 2020
Received home. Thanks to all participants. I love receiving this box back!
New round in the forum soon.

I’ve chosen ‘ Fast and Furious... like a hospital trolley on a Tabitha run which is The house of thunder by Dean Koontz

I've also chosen 'Charming...one to lift even the most cynical of spirits' which is The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer & Annie Barrows

The next one is 'An extraordinary contribution Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

And 'A Powerful absorbing and unusual novel' which is Witch child by Celia Rees.

The rest will stay wrapped for the next round.

Journal Entry 53 by Nataliec7 at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, January 25, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (1/25/2024 UTC) at Barry, Wales United Kingdom

Round 4 starting, off to the 1st participant!
Kinedi
Dark-Draco
Riffraff71
Imeretoo
Back to me

Journal Entry 54 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Box is with me. Will make my choices and post on as soon as I have next person’s address.

Journal Entry 55 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, February 2, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/3/2024 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posted to Yorkshire - lass.

I chose
“Told in a narrative voice that seasons laconic humour with a dash of cynicism, the novel is fascinated with the geography and history of London. It is a rich formula with a bittersweet ending - Rivers Of London - Ben Aaronovitch

A beautifully constructed world of steam and speed.
So beautifully nuanced and so effortlessly pleasurable to read that you almost want to keep it a personal secret - The Blackpool Highflyer - Andrew Martin

This witty, fantastically absorbing tale shows that not all bitchy girls are mean not all runs are straight-laced and that no matter what, you can always change your future - The Book of Tomorrow- Cecilia Ahern

Journal Entry 56 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Arrived with me this morning, I will try to move it on again as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 57 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (2/14/2024 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

I hope to get this in the post to the next on the list in the next couple of days.
I took out two books.
"Smart and funny, with just the right touch of evil" - Stephenie Meyer
"Beautiful in every sense...her characters feel wholly true...Long after the end we continue to worry about them,love them in spite of their faults, and feel their pain" - Spectator

Journal Entry 58 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2024
Arrived with me today and boy, am I intrigued by so many of them ! I have picked one already but I might not be able to contain my curiosity and pick another one !

Journal Entry 59 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, February 22, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2024 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

Moving on to the next participant in Norwich !

Journal Entry 60 by winggillsilwing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 28, 2024
This exciting bookbox has just arrived with me - there’s something about the mystery element plus the tantalising reviews that makes me want to choose them all but given how many TBRs I have I’ll limit myself to two 😊
I’ll choose over the next couple of days and then get the box on its way again.

Journal Entry 61 by winggillsilwing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, March 7, 2024
In the end I’ve selected two and I’m very pleased with my choices:
“The most compelling and moving portrait of a young woman I have read in a long time” -The Guardian - this is “Brooklyn” by Colm Tóibín. I’ve seen the film of this and am looking forward to reading the novel.
“Keeps you on the edge of your seat. You don’t want it to end” - San Francisco Chronicle - this turned out to be an Inspector Van Veeteren mystery called “Borkmann’s Point” by Håkan Nesser. I haven’t come across this author before but I do like detective fiction and also it is set in Sweden, a country I love.

Journal Entry 62 by Poppywalker at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, March 14, 2024
What a tough choice.

Journal Entry 63 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 18, 2024
box has arrived safely with me. I am going to have fun looking through it and making my choices

Journal Entry 64 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 22, 2024
Boxed moved on today.
I took out "The Queen of just one-more-chapter" which is The IT Girl by Ruth Ware

Journal Entry 65 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, March 25, 2024
Have taken my book: The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell. On its way soon

Journal Entry 66 by wingbooktwitcherwing at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 28, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (3/27/2024 UTC) at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom

Off to the next recipient.

Journal Entry 67 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, March 30, 2024
This is now with me.
Will make my choice over the weekend.

Journal Entry 68 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Released 1 wk ago (4/10/2024 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

On its way to the next reader.

Journal Entry 69 by wingdark-dracowing at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 11, 2024
Received … thank you. Looking forward to a weekend guessing what they could be.