Chronicles of Carlingford Salem Chapel

by Mrs. Oliphant | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Gooner of March, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 3/26/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Gooner from March, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 26, 2004
As I wouldn't have got round to reading this one for ages, it's off to laura0141, who's a new BookCrosser.

Journal Entry 2 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 8, 2004
Book arrived safely in Glasgow and has found its place on the TBR shelf!

I really wish I could get into this book .. it's one that I feel would be rewarding but I find myself disliking half the characters (particularly the main one who thinks far too much of himself, in my opinion!)

It doesn't help that I read the introduction before it began it so I already know what happens in the end with respect to a major part of the plot! So I don't really have that element of surprise to keep me going.

It's a well written novel, the characterisation so far has been excellent and, I think, it could be enjoyed by anyone who likes 19th Century literature. I just have other things I'd rather read just now .. so it's time for this one to go on its travels.

Journal Entry 3 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 3, 2005
On way to gooner

Journal Entry 4 by Gooner from March, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 11, 2005
Thanks to laura0141 who returned this book to me. It arrived safely yesterday and I've put it onto my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 5 by Gooner at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 12 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Released at CoffeeLink at BC meet-up

Journal Entry 6 by abitstormyout at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 12, 2012
Picked up at the Ipswich Meet today! Lovely to see you, Gooner!

Journal Entry 7 by abitstormyout at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Released 11 yrs ago (7/21/2012 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Nottingham Meet!