Nineteen Seventy Four (Red Riding Quartet) (The Red Riding Quartet)

by David Peace | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by hairy_José of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/9/2016
Journal Entry 1 by hairy_José from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 9, 2016
It's winter, 1974, Yorkshire, and Ed Dunford's got the job he wanted. Crime correspondent for the Evening Post. He didn't know it was going to be a season in hell. A dead little girl with a swan's wings stitched to her back. A gypsy camp in a ring of fire. Corruption everywhere you look.

In Nineteen Seventy Four, David Peace brings passion and stylistic bravado to this terrifyingly intense journey into a secret history of sexual obsession, greed and sadism.

Released 7 yrs ago (10/26/2016 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Sean Bean dies in the end!

Journal Entry 3 by LouiseB79 at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Picked up at the York BookCrossing meetup

Journal Entry 4 by LouiseB79 at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 5, 2017
A violent, depressing, grubby little affair which revels in its own unpleasantness and seizes upon every opportunity to include some misogyny, racism or homophobia cunningly disguised as 1970s period detail. If you really enjoy reading about dead girls and anal rape, then this might be for you, but I won't be bothering with the rest in the series.

Released 7 yrs ago (1/24/2017 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released at York BookCrossing Meetup

Journal Entry 6 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 26, 2017
[DIFFERENT COVER]
Having flicked through this, it looks grim - but muscularly written. I didn't think I'd be interested in ever reading this, but it turns out I am...

Journal Entry 7 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Since I've gone off the prospect of reading this, rather than hang onto it any longer, I am releasing it back into the wonderful world of BookCrossing. I'm planning to release it at this evening's BC Meetup - which is being held at The Eagle & Child in York from 7.15pm onwards...

Journal Entry 8 by TheGreenMan at Eagle and Child in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/28/2023 UTC) at Eagle and Child in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...