The Hidden Life of Dogs

by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas | Pets & Animals |
Registered by Swazieb of Deering, New Hampshire USA on 3/23/2024
Journal Entry 1 by Swazieb from Deering, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, March 23, 2024
TBR

Journal Entry 2 by Swazieb at Deering, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 29, 2024
Reading this book I found myself thinking "WTF" in regards to things like when the author lived in Cambridge, she, for 2 years let the dog out (that she was watching for someone) out each night to wander freely & secretly follow it to observe where & what it did. Yes the dog returned each mourning, but not the point & even after the owners of said dog got the dog back, we're ok with it, & continued to allow it to continue. I mean by the time dog "escaped" the yard (which is how it started), I would think one would find a way to keep it from happening. Later when she had to move, it seemed there was an effort to correct the issue (my word), but still. There were a few time's I couldn't help but think that having the dogs "fixed" could have possibly helped with that & helping a couple of the female dogs later (in reference to two litters of pups from 2 females so close together & the issue it caused), especially knowing it was possible. Again, later on it seems at least some were "fixed" later on.

Journal Entry 3 by Swazieb at Little Free Library, Deering Town Hall in Deering, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, April 20, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library, Deering Town Hall in Deering, New Hampshire USA

Enjoy