The Quilter's Apprentice

by Jennifer Chiaverini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mrsbridgewater of Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on 2/13/2004
Journal Entry 1 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 13, 2004
Uh-oh! This book may result in me taking up a new craft! A gentle, yet captivating story of friendship.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsbridgewater at on Saturday, February 14, 2004
Released on Saturday, February 14, 2004 at another bookcrosser in a controlled release, n/a Controlled Releases.

Am sending this book on to MrsPotage

I think she may like it as I know she is a keen needleworker.

Journal Entry 3 by MmePotage on Friday, February 20, 2004
This arrived unexpectedly, thanks very much MrsB!! I have enjoyed the first few pages (a little half term relief!) I hope reading this does result in you taking up a new craft ;-) You could make a quilt for the cats for starters and put some catnip inside it ;-)

Journal Entry 4 by MmePotage on Saturday, March 6, 2004
I enjoyed this very gentle read (not to be read with literary critic hat on!) - and I'm sure a beginning quilter could pick up the threads from it - I'm sending it on to the lady Mrs Bridgewater asked me to and hope that she might be willing to send it on to violetmabel, who I think also might like it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, March 20, 2004
Iwas sent the book by a friend of my daughter, who hwd read it under the strict instruction that she should send it on to me. I loved the book and read it in one day on a train journey. It's one of those books you want to finish to see how how it ends but that you want to go on for ever. It's a simple tale, well told, very easy to read but fascinating, especially as I have done some quilting and it's made me want to get back to it. I am passing it on to my number 2 daughter as she has shared my interest in quilting.

CAUGHT IN LOWER SWANWICK HAMPSHIRE U.K.

Journal Entry 6 by Moonkai from not specified, not specified not specified on Thursday, April 15, 2004
Well it took me a little time to pick up this book but when I did I could not put it down again until it was finished. It was just what I needed something nice and easy and pleasing to calm me down during the Easter holidays. Just like the other readers have said it makes me want to do some more quilting. Anyhow its back in the hands of Mother and should be winging its way to violetmabel.

Journal Entry 7 by Moonkai at on Friday, April 16, 2004
Released on Friday, April 16, 2004 at Our House in Lower Swanwick, England United Kingdom.

Journal Entry 8 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 4, 2004
Book is now back with me, I just need to decide what to do with it now. Wild release it? Send it out on a book ring or ray, or as part of my postal book group. Decisions, decisions.

Journal Entry 9 by mrsbridgewater from Holybourne, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 8, 2005
Lending this to a new bookcrosser Barefootmum I hope she enjoys it!

Journal Entry 10 by Barefootmum from Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 12, 2005
mrs bridgewater gave me the book after I saw it on her Available list. I started reading it on Sunday 10th and couldn't put it down. Read it while cooking the dinner one-handed, read it in the garden while the children created paddling pool mayhem and stayed up reading until 1am (I'm not a very fast reader).

My mum does patchwork and quilting (she would love this book!)and I have been thinking of starting it for a while. I am sure I will take it up soon and am feeling more inspired to do so by this book.

Loved the book and now want to read the rest of the series. Have now returned the book to mrsbridgewater.

Journal Entry 11 by mrsbridgewater at Telephone Box in Beech, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/18/2024 UTC) at Telephone Box in Beech, Hampshire United Kingdom

Leaving several books from this series here.