The Zig Zag Girl

Read me and Pass me on !
by Elly Griffiths | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 7/20/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 20, 2023
From amazon.com:
Brighton, 1950. A girl is found cut in three, and Detective Inspector Edgar Stephens is convinced the killer is mimicking a famous magic trick—the Zig Zag Girl. The inventor of the trick, Max Mephisto, served with Edgar in a special ops troop called the Magic Men that used stage illusions to confound the enemy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 21, 2023
This was a fun take on the normal whodunnit with the main cast of characters having known each other in a secret agency, nicknamed The Magic Men, during WWII (5 years before the story takes place). They have all gone their separate ways but a death related to a magic trick brings them together to solve 3 murders before they are all murdered.

The author uses a famous Agatha Christie plot device so I was able to guess the "whodunnit" fairly early in the novel and I think most people familiar with Agatha Christie (or whodunnits in general) may guess the outcome early on. That doesn't take away from it being a fun, light mystery and pleasant way to spend a summer evening.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcestmoiwing at -- controlled release in Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 9, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/9/2023 UTC) at -- controlled release in Hamilton, Ontario Canada

I am distributing a few bags and boxes of books to LFL owners in the Hamilton/Burlington area for them to distribute.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

If you found this at a LFL (Little Free Library) or other book exchange shelf, then you already have BookCrossing spirit! So why not join us in making the whole world a library?

If you have a moment, we'd love you to let us know you have the book as we're keen to follow its journey. You can even post a review when you've read it before passing it on to the next lucky person or if you love it, it's yours to keep!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 4 by LFLHunter at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 11, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/11/2023 UTC) at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in Turner Drive Book Exchange, it usually has a couple of Bookcrossing books. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join Bookcrossing you can catch and release books, and watch them travel as well.