On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mysteries, No. 1)

by Cleo Coyle | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042519213x Global Overview for this book
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 1/27/2015
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Took a few chapters to get into it, but found it a light easy read overall ;0)

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Released 9 yrs ago (1/28/2015 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to someone from the 2015 birthday group. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, February 7, 2015
Thank you so much for this wishlist book as well as the birthday card, Bookmark calendar and pretty bracelet!!! I had book 3 of the coffeehouse mysteries on my TBR shelf for a long time so having book 1 now to start reading that series is great. Thanks much again for spoiling me.

01.06.2021
Oh, finally I made it to read this book, thanks to Kirjakko to whom I can now pass it on via European wishlist tag game. It is an ok little cosy mystery. I also found the beginning kind of slow and boring.

Released 3 yrs ago (6/1/2021 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

Moving on to Kirjakko in Finland via European wishlist tag game. Enjoy

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 11, 2021
Thanks! I'm currently reading another mystery of the same series. Tea is my poison, thank you also for those teabags - brands that I haven't seen before.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, March 20, 2024
Finally began reading this as we'll be having the BC-Convention in Tampere just a month away and this could go to the buffet unless somebody attending has it on her wishlist.
Napoleon mentioned. A few years ago I was on a cruise which seemed to follow his footsteps, lots of Napoleon-related things around (pic).

Journal Entry 7 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, March 21, 2024
A Finnish copper kettle.

I'm taking part to the Finnish forum's Helmet-challenge with this book - the writer's initials do not appear in my name.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, March 21, 2024
As far as I know, Russian samovars were meant for making tea, not coffee.
Edit: The writer told the same later in the book.

9/11 - I was at work and we were taking hip X-rays of a dog whose owners had gone for coffee to the local gas station which had a telly in their cafeteria. The owners came back wide-eyed and said an airplane had collided with the WTC-tower and we thought the pilot must have been really high on something to make that kind of a mistake. After work we went home and watched the news, which played the video in slow-mo over and over again. It was like out of a movie, seeing all those people jumping from the burning towers. Some things just stay in your mind, this was one and the sinking of Estonia 30 years ago was another - the sea full of life-boats, so near to the ship which had come to the rescue, but too far for many being saved due to the stormy weather. And gradually people didn't wave from the lifeboats anymore...

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 23, 2024
Finished. I almost guessed the culprit.

Journal Entry 10 by wingkirjakkowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 14, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Coffee House mystery on offer at the Book Buffet!

Journal Entry 11 by lilith89 at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 21, 2024
I feel like this will be a perfect cozy read for me ... once I am done with everything else on my TBR so this might take a while ^^