Modoc

by Ralph Helfer | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by krin511 of Olney, Maryland USA on 4/23/2023
Journal Entry 1 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 23, 2023
FROM THE PUBLISHER
On a quiet morning in 1896, in a small German circus town, a boy and an elephant were born. The boy was named Bram, the elephant Modoc. Bram was the son of a local elephant handler, and even as a child he showed signs of becoming a master handler. Modoc grew impressively beyond anyone's imagination - exceptional intelligence, massive size, and a gentleness surpassing that of even the kindest elephants. The two were raised as siblings, and when news came that the circus was being sold, thirteen-year-old Bram did the only thing he could imagine: He stowed away to be with Modoc. In the 1930s they finally arrived in New York, where for the next two decades Modoc rose to great performing fame in the center ring of the world's most popular circus. Then tragedy struck, and the lives of Modoc and Bram were forever changed. Modoc is an epic for the ages, destined to be a classic, and sure to be cherished by readers young and old.

Released 1 yr ago (4/23/2023 UTC) at Day Of The Book (Street Festival) On Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

DEAR FINDER,

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing krin511 (or any of the other journalers) as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!