Along Came a Wolf (The Yellow Hoods - Book 1)

I am Canadian, eh!
by Adam Dreece | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by fracula of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 8/22/2015
Journal Entry 1 by fracula from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 22, 2015
Author autographed copy

Someone is on the hunt for steam engine plans, and believes that master inventor, Nikolas Klaus, has them. Thought dead by most and forgotten by many, the quiet grandfather has been living for years in the sleepy mountain town of Minette, keeping his inventions mostly to himself and watching his granddaughter grow up.

Twelve-year-old Tee, and her two best friends, Elly and Richy, come together as the heroic Yellow Hoods in the face of life-threatening danger. Whose side or the Cochon brother on, and will they tip the balance? Will Nikolas' ties to one of the secret societies cost him Tee's life?

The world is 1800's-esque, with a thrilling history that is discovered throughout the series. Elements of fairy-tales are woven in, as if they were the real world events the inspired the tales and rhymes we know.

Journal Entry 2 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 22, 2015
After meeting the author at When Words Collide (2015), I was inspired by his personal story. In addition to being dyslexic, he overcame a serious illness, which he wrote about in a memoir. `With that out of the way, he felt free and able to start writing fiction again. With a nudge from his daughter, he wrote Along Came a Wolf and created The Yellow Hoods series.`

Adam Dreece blogs, vlogs, FaceBook and Tweets! He is charming and a great example of up and coming Canadian talent!

I really enjoyed reading this YA book and I have the next two in the series lined up. I am sure I will be adding the upcoming Book 4 to my collection, as well.

Journal Entry 3 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 10, 2015

Released 8 yrs ago (10/10/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the October meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 4 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 11, 2015
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing October meet-up. Yay, steampunk!

Journal Entry 5 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
An interesting start to the series. I was expecting more steampunk elements, but it says right there on the front of the book that it's an emergent steampunk series, so I guess things will get more steampunk-y in the other books. It was cool the see fairy tale elements as well, like with the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs. It'll be fun to see how the rest of the series unfolds.

Journal Entry 6 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Released 8 yrs ago (11/14/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing on this book to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up.

Journal Entry 7 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 16, 2015
Picked up at the November meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 8, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (7/8/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the July meetup - I've been reading some Canadian books!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 10, 2017
Picked up at the August meeting. Adding to my TBR pile. We had 7 BookCrossers attend (including a newbie) and of course lots of books.

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 2, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/3/2024 UTC) at Langdon, Alberta Canada

It was requested that I return this one to owner. I am passing to my mom who will return to Fracula

Journal Entry 11 by fracula at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 4, 2024
Back in my hands. This will be held for a future release.