Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet

by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by carelaisa of Québec, Québec Canada on 7/25/2013
Journal Entry 1 by carelaisa from Québec, Québec Canada on Thursday, July 25, 2013
from fantasticfiction.co.uk

Agatha Raisin believes the new village vet has taken a shine to her, but before romance can bloom, he accidently kills himself. Oh well, there is still her distinguished military neighbour, and perhaps a common interest like a murder investigation will bring them closer together.

Book no 2 in the Agatha Raisin series

Journal Entry 2 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Tuesday, August 20, 2013
I stumbled onto that series while searching about cozy mysteries series and this one is fits perfectly into that category. Don’t expect an “out-of-the-ordinary” mystery, investigation story. It’s simply a lady who has free time on her hands and wants to know the truth. It’s more of an insight on the life in a village when someone from the big city moves in. It’s charming and not complicated. It’s the kind of novel to read when someone wants something simple and relaxing. It did the trick for me, though the character of Agatha Raisin did get a little bit on my nerves. It will probably take a few novels to get use to her!

Journal Entry 3 by carelaisa at Tea & Mystery!, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (12/5/2013 UTC) at Tea & Mystery!, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

sent to the winner of the round 17 of the T & M sweeps.

Hope the book and the tea will be liked!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, December 12, 2013
Than you sooo much!
I've read No. 1 in the series and enjoyed it; I agree with your comments, and I'm sure this one will be pleasant (and cozy) reading for some Winter evenings.
By the way, I love this book's cover. :)
Thank you for the impressive assortment of teas! You've been brilliant!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, September 26, 2019
Reserved for Ythan's VBB (Books with 350 pages or less).

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Reserved for saskiasosmile, who picked it from Ythan's VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, March 14, 2020
Currently reading it. :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, March 21, 2020
I had forgotten how much fun these novels are... I read "The Quiche of Death" nine years ago (I've just checked), and I will definitely look in my bookshelfs for any other instalments, because this is the kind of books we need in these difficult times.
Agatha is a hilarious character, completely believable and not a cliche.
I LOVED the description of Costwolds villages, I visited many of them when I lived in London, so this brings back beautiful memories... (See pic with Moreton-in-Marsh, which gets some mentions in this one.) I'm not sure about living there; as some of the characters remark, it is not so idyllic as expected and gets boring after some time and that is why they tend to resort to poking around in other people's lives...
Here's a quote about village life:
"People in villages have become mobile and so they are less curious about their fellows. And television. And yet it's funny how people go on and on about the good old days when they had to do their own entertainment. If it was so great, why did they all rush out to buy television sets as soon as they could?"
I really, really enjoyed reading it. Thanks a lot for sharing it, Carelaisa; maybe I should have read it sooner, but this seemed like the right time anyway.
I will send it to saskiasosmile as soon as it gets safe to go out again... :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Released 4 yrs ago (5/12/2020 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to saskiasosmile, who picked it from the 350 VBB.
Enjoy!! :)

Journal Entry 10 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Thanks Bookworm-lady, for sending me this book!
I have read some books by this author and I am sure I will enjoy this one too.