Grave Sight Harper Connelly 1

by Charlaine Harris | Other |
Registered by Oldgirl58 of Chermside, Queensland Australia on 6/16/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Oldgirl58 from Chermside, Queensland Australia on Sunday, June 16, 2013
From Publishers Weekly
Ever since Harper Connelly survived a zap from a lightning bolt, she's been able to find dead people, a skill that makes the protagonist in the first installment of Harris's new series a tad more bizarre than the mind-reading heroine of the author's Sookie Stackhouse books (Dead as a Doornail, etc.). Harper travels to the Ozark town of Sarne, Ark., to find a missing teenage girl's body, accompanied by her stepbrother, Tolliver, who acts as her manager and bodyguard and with whom she shares a thinly disguised physical attraction that they manage to keep at bay by engaging in casual sex with various partners. Finding the body takes no time at all, but leaving town afterward isn't so easy. When Harper's life is threatened and Tolliver ends up in jail on trumped-up charges, it quickly becomes apparent that something sinister is going on in Sarne. Harris delivers a knuckle-gnawing tale populated with well-developed, albeit edgy characters. A nifty puzzle toward the end will challenge the most jaded mystery buffs.

Journal Entry 2 by Oldgirl58 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Sunday, June 16, 2013
I really enjoy this author and this book was very enjoyable.It was easy to read and the main characters Harper and Tolliver have an interesting relationship and this comes through while Harper is trying to solve murders and finding bodies

Journal Entry 3 by Oldgirl58 at Kincumber, New South Wales Australia on Monday, June 17, 2013

Released 11 yrs ago (6/17/2013 UTC) at Kincumber, New South Wales Australia

Will be released to the Bookcrossing Zone in the next few days

Journal Entry 4 by sbutler25 at Kincumber, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, November 23, 2013
Going to read this one before I release it :)

Released 10 yrs ago (1/6/2014 UTC) at Emergency Operations Centre, Woy Woy Road in Kariong, New South Wales Australia

I loved this series of books, very good easy read.

Journal Entry 6 by AnonymousFriend at Kariong, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, January 11, 2014
With such a recommendation, I had to take the set!

Journal Entry 7 by AnonymousFriend at Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 4, 2016
I'm glad I read this as it was very well written and believable. I look forward to read the next in the set.

Journal Entry 8 by AnonymousFriend at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (8/12/2017 UTC) at Degani in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #235 for 2017 ...

Journal Entry 9 by JoShEL at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, August 14, 2017
Picked up at Templestowe Bookcrossing Meet up on Saturday 12 August. Now on my TBR shelf.

Journal Entry 10 by JoShEL at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, July 12, 2018

Released 5 yrs ago (7/13/2018 UTC) at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Releasing to bookshelf at Queen Street Rescue, Queen Street, Melbourne on Friday 13th July 2018.

Journal Entry 11 by wingmarmee463wing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 13, 2018
Caught today at QSR.

Journal Entry 12 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, August 3, 2018
I have to admit to a bit of skimming but overall the book was enjoyable enough. The characters were well developed and the story engaging although predictable. This is the first of a series of four, on to number two now.

Journal Entry 13 by wingmarmee463wing at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Released 5 yrs ago (11/30/2018 UTC) at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

On to the shelves.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.

Journal Entry 14 by genrek at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 9, 2021
Rescued from QSR which is now permanently closed having fallen victim to the lockdown.

Journal Entry 15 by wingmarmee463wing at Books For All Street Library in Balwyn North, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Released 3 yrs ago (4/27/2021 UTC) at Books For All Street Library in Balwyn North, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -

Journal Entry 16 by Spinaddict at Lilydale, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Good read!

Journal Entry 17 by Spinaddict at Balwyn North, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 30, 2021
IT is definitely NOT "true Blood" type story! I was mildly surprised that l kept reading this story. I found it hard to follow most of the time. But it was a good read!