The Boat

by Nam Le | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNordpiratwing of Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on 6/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingNordpiratwing from Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Description

The seven stories in Nam Le's masterful collection The Boat take us across the globe, from the slums of Colombia to Iowa City; from the streets of Tehran to a foundering vessel in the South China Sea. They guide us to the heart of what it means to be human — and herald the arrival of a remarkable new writer.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNordpiratwing at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, March 13, 2015
This book wasn't really to my liking. A couple of stories I started, but then decided to skip because they seemed so bad. The rest I read, but I found only a couple of them to be ok.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNordpiratwing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Released 9 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Sent by mail to be released at the bookcrossing convention, since I can not attend.
I hope the next reader will like it better than I did. I somehow have a feeling it deserves it...

Journal Entry 4 by wingTravelinawing at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, August 16, 2015
I took this book with Me from Oxford, but must have forgotten to jounal it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTravelinawing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

This book with short stories will be released at the book buffet at the Bookcrossing convention in Tampere 2024. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingTravelinawing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Journal Entry 7 by wingfeltrewing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
From the Book buffet