Inheritance of Loss

by Kiran Desai | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSakirmowing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 5/13/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingSakirmowing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, May 13, 2013
"High in the Himalayas sits a dilapidated mansion, home to three people, each dreaming of another time."

Journal Entry 2 by wingSakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, June 16, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Book goes next to grovalskii who had it on her wishlist

Journal Entry 3 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, July 1, 2013
Received this book while having a lovely cup of coffee at the Café am Engelsbrunnen. Wonderful afternoon. Thanks for the book sakirmo!

Journal Entry 4 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, January 7, 2019
Oh wow, I've had this book way too long! Almos 6 years on my bookshelf.

Finally got to read it. I can't say it's my favorite book, it was hard to follow the narrative at times. But I still enjoyed reading this, particularly because the story introduced me to the history of India and Nepal that I knew nothing about.

Thanks again for this book, sakirmo! I still remember when we sat at the cafe in Berlin where you gave me the book. :)

Journal Entry 5 by grovalskii at Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Released 2 wks ago (5/29/2024 UTC) at Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany

Well, how funny. I received this book from Sakirmo, and today during another meetup with Sakirmo, I passed on this book to another bookcrosser. The circle is closed!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingApoloniaXwing at Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany on Thursday, May 30, 2024
The book will soon travel to the Dutch summer meet-up in Eindhoven.
I read it when it won the Booker Prize almost 20 years ago, liked it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingApoloniaXwing at Kelderman en van Noort in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Planned Release in 2 wks (7/7/2024 UTC) at Kelderman en van Noort in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Zomermeeting release!