Friends, Lovers, Chocolate

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by ronsar on 4/21/2013
Journal Entry 1 by ronsar on Sunday, April 21, 2013
Witty and pleasant, I think I'll become a fan of Al.McCall Smith's.

Journal Entry 2 by ronsar at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Friday, August 16, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (7/16/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

I liked the book, although the main story is left somewhat unfinished. Anyway, I gave it to a non BC friend who loves to read books in english.

Journal Entry 3 by ronsar at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Released 10 yrs ago (12/3/2013 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

The book was returned to me and I'm now sending this to a BC friend for Christmas.

Journal Entry 4 by okyrhoe at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, December 21, 2013
Thanks ronsar!

The book came in very handy as I was in bed with a cold this past week and had plenty of time to read.
I will j.e. with a review soon :-)

Journal Entry 5 by okyrhoe at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, March 14, 2014
Selected by Alerion from the Global Crime VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by okyrhoe at a Virtual BookBox (VBB), by hand -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 5, 2014

Released 10 yrs ago (6/5/2014 UTC) at a Virtual BookBox (VBB), by hand -- Controlled Releases

Handed over to Alerion, who selected it from the Global Crime VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by Alerion at Haarlem, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 13, 2016
A bit of a strange book. The first one I read from McCall Smith, for whose books I have heard a lot. But I have to admit I wasn't amazed. I like Isabelle Dallousie, but the story behind the heart transplant that is the core of the book was confusing. Not because the author didn't clarify the story, but because it started from a really crazy theory for them and ended in a really banal explanation. Somehow the ending was disappointing. Yes logical and more acceptable than the theory in the beginning, but nevertheless much weaker the second half of the book than the first half.

Journal Entry 8 by Alerion at Haarlem, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Released 8 yrs ago (4/14/2016 UTC) at Haarlem, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Sent to Icila for the European tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, April 25, 2016
Thank you Alerion, my postman just gave me the book but you needn't have to send it at so a high mail rate. :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, July 31, 2020
I like the author a lot but definitively not this series.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Released 3 yrs ago (8/4/2020 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Chocolate as a drink in the bookring enveloppe.

Journal Entry 12 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
from the drink book ring