The Black Jewels Trilogy: Daughter of the Blood/Heir to the Shadows/Queen of the Darkness

by Anne Bishop | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by adrienne10 of Seattle, Washington USA on 12/5/2003
Journal Entry 1 by adrienne10 from Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, December 5, 2003
One of my favorite trilogies of all time!

Ms. Bishop writes Romantic Fantasy. The trilogy starts with Daughter of the Blood: From the back cover "Seven hundred years ago, a Black Widow witch sees an ancient prphecy come to life in her dazzling web of dreams and visions. Now the Dark Kingdom readies itself for the arrival of its Queen, a Witch who will wield more power than even the High Lord of Hell himself. But she is still young, still open to influence -- and corruption. Whoever controls the Queen controls the Darkness. Three men -- sworn enemies -- know that. And they know the power that hides behind the blue eyes of an innocent young girl. And so begins a ruthless game of politics and intrigue, magic and betrayal, where the weapons are late and love .. and the prize could be terrible beyond imagining..."

The story continues with Heir to the Shadows, and finishes with Queen of the Darkness.

This is a captivating story. You will fall in love with the characters, and follow in suspense what happens to Jaenelle and Daemon.

Journal Entry 2 by adrienne10 from Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, December 8, 2003
Bookring Information:

The names of the Bookcrossers who are in this ring are listed below. If you are interested please PM me with your location and shipping preference.

adrienne10 [Nebraska, USA]
Purplestars [Oklahoma, USA]
kalipriestess [Florida, USA]

Allecia [Oregon, USA]
adrienne10 [Nebraska, USA]

Some guidelines to help the book on its journey:

1 On receiving the book write a journal entry so we can all keep track of where it is.
2 I will note people who already have had the book and its current location in colored type.
3 The person with the book PM's the next one on the list for their address.

Thank you so much for participating!

Journal Entry 3 by adrienne10 at USPS in -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, December 9, 2003
Release planned for Wednesday, December 10, 2003 at USPS in Bookring, postal release USA.

Sent on its merry way to Purplestars in OK, USA. I hope everyone enjoys this trilogy as much as I do. I was sad to release this book without getting a chance to read it first, but I've read the trilogy and don't have time right now for a 1000 page re-read. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Purplestars from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Received in a book ring from adrienne10. I love reading Anne Bishop's books and this one looks great.

Journal Entry 5 by Purplestars from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, January 29, 2004
This is a wonderful book and a great read.
It was very difficult for me to put down and I didn't want the last book to end.

Ready to mail to kalipriestess.

Journal Entry 6 by kalipriestess from Tallahassee, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 10, 2004
Wow! Big book! I have a lot of rings/rays right now so you're going to have to give me a little time for this one, but it looks great!! Thanks!! :)